Widely regarded as the friendliest borough in NYC... the Bronx is a borough of New York City. It is the only borough in the city that has a majority of Hispanic or Latino residents.
Brooklyn is one of the five boroughs of New York City. It was home to more than 2.7 million people in 2020, making it the most populous borough in NYC. Brooklyn is close to Queens, Staten Island, and Manhattan. The Bronx is a bit further up to the north.
Below, we discuss some very important facts about Brooklyn, NY
1. Although Brooklyn is a borough of New York City, it has enough people to be the 4th largest city in the nation if it were a city. As mentioned above, it has an estimated population of 2.7 million.
2. It was an independent city before merging with New York City in 1898.
3. The IRT Eastern Parkway Line of the New York City Subway is one of the most scenic subway lines in the world. It runs from Jay Street/MetroTech in Downtown Brooklyn into tony neighborhoods on the East Side of Manhattan.
4. The Brooklyn Heights Promenade, where Walt Whitman lived, is also known as the Promenade on the Promenade.
5. Brooklyn Heights is probably best known for being the home of hipster neighborhoods like Williamsburg and Park Slope on the West Side and Boerum Hill, Vinegar Hill, Carroll Gardens on the East Side.
6. Brooklyn is located on Long Island.
7. The borough is home to the Brooklyn Nets of the NBA. They play their home games at the Barclay's Center.
8. The Brooklyn Bridge, which is more than a century old, is one of the most photographed bridges in the world.
9. In 1895, three bridges were built to accommodate traffic from eastern Queens and Brooklyn. It was known as the Brooklyn Manhattan Bridge until 1945 when it was renamed for John F. Kennedy after his assassination.
10. The borough of Brooklyn is the only part of the island that is not connected to Long Island by a continuous landmass.
11. Brooklyn is home to the first-ever Rollercoaster in the United States.
12. Before moving to Chicago, former President Barack Obama lived in Brooklyn, about half a block from Prospect Park.
13. Brooklyn is also home to the New York Mets of Major League Baseball.
14. The borough's largest shopping mall is Atlantic Terminal Mall in Atlantic Avenue and Flatbush Avenue, an area that is also home to 1 Room Apartments Brooklyn Academy of Music, Barclays Center, and Downtown Brooklyn. It opened in 2004 and replaced Kings Plaza, which was named for two streets: Kings Highway and Plaza Street (the latter was co-named within Kings Highway).
15. The boroughs motto is: Unity makes strength (Een Draght Mackt Maght).
Noticed errors? Please let us know immediately by sending us an email: email@example.com