Located in the New York City borough of Brooklyn, the Nets are a professional basketball team that plays in the National Basketball Association's (NBA) Eastern Conference, in the Atlantic Division.
The Chicago Bulls are one of the most prestigious, successful, and popular franchises in the National Basketball Association. From Michael Jordan to Derrick Rose, the Bulls have seen some incredible players over their storied history. With six championships to their name, they are an organization like no other. The NBA loved the Chicago market so much, that the city had 3 NBA teams in addition to the Chicago Bulls. The other two teams were the Chicago Stags, and the Chicago Packers/Zephyrs.
However, only the Bulls survived and the Chicago Packers/Zephyrs moved to Washington (now the current Washington Wizards).
1. The Bulls were established on January 16, 1966... starting their NBA journey with the 1966–67 NBA season.
2. The team is owned by Jerry Reinsdorf. Mr Reinsdorf is one of the NBA's senior owners, having owned the team since 1972. He also owns the Chicago White Sox of Major League Baseball. At 85, he is the second oldest owner in the NBA after the Indiana Pacer's Herbert Simon (86).
3. Located in Chicago, Illinois, the Chicago Bulls play in the Eastern Conference, in the Central Division.
4. The franchise is currently valued at $3.3 billion U.S. dollars.
5. Over the years, the team has had various logos. This includes one featuring a basketball on top of a blue silhouette of an animal's head, topped off with the word 'Bulls' in red capital letters.
6. The Bulls have won six NBA championships to date, all of them coming between 1991 and 1998.
7. During this time, they were headlined by some incredible players that are still revered to this day -- including B.J Armstrong, Bill Cartwright, Horace Grant, Toni Kukoc, Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman and Michael Jordan.
8. In between the years of 1986 and 1987, the Chicago Bulls made a rare playoff appearance.
9. Michael Jordan is by far the most famed player in Bulls franchise history, with 6 championships to his name. He is also regarded by most people as the best basketball player in history.
10. Michael Jordan retired two times in 1993 (tried playing baseball but didn't work out), and again in 1999.
11. Michael Jordan is the first player in NBA history to become a billionaire - 2014. His current net worth is listed at $1.6 billion and is the current majority owner of the Charlotte Hornets. His net worth makes him the 5th richest African American in the United States.
12. The team plays its home games at the iconic United Center arena in downtown Chicago - the site of the statue of Michael Jordan. The Arena is also used by the National Hockey League's Chicago Blackhawks.
13. The Chicago Bulls are the only team in NBA history to reach the playoffs in their first season in the NBA (1966–67 NBA season).
14. The Bulls are also the only team in NBA history to win many Championships, and not lose a single series - and not a single game 7.
15. This list would not be complete without this fact... during the 1995 – 96 NBA season, the Chicago Bulls won a staggering 72 games and only lost 10 games. They went on to win the NBA Championship. The current Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr was part of the team.
16. Currently, the team has retired 4 numbers: #4, #10, #23, #33.
17. Team colors are Red, black, and White.
18. Former President Barack Obama is a huge Chicago Bulls fan.