Apple Inc is a multinational public corporation headquartered in Cupertino, California, that designs, develops and sells consumer electronics. Apple is known for its range of products, including Macs, iPads, iPhones and the iPod media player. Apple is also well-known for its iTunes software, with which users can purchase music and videos online within a protected environment. The company’s slogan is “Think Different”. The name came from the late Steve Jobs’s love apples.
With a valuation of $2.3 trillion, Apple is the world’s most valuable company.
16 fascinating and fun facts about Apple Inc.
1. Apple Inc was founded by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne on April 1, 1976. The current CEO of the company is Tim Cook.
2. Apple Inc is the largest technology company in the world by revenue.
3. The company almost went bankrupt before Microsoft invested about 300 million dollars in them.
4. Ronald Wayne originally designed the Apple Inc logo for a “quick start” brochure for the Apple personal computer; it cost him $200.
5. Today, Apple Inc is established to be worth more than one trillion dollars. It is one of the most valuable companies in the world.
6. More than ten consumer electronics manufacturers have clustered together to replicate Apple’s success in computers through the tablet and smartphone markets.
7. The iPad has been a success as it has sold more than 130 million units since its launch in 2010 and has continuously grown throughout its production period without much competition from other manufacturers until the launch of Samsung’s Galaxy Tab 3 in 2012 and later, iPad mini from Apple Inc itself in 2012.
8. Apple’s futuristic and high-tech headquarters in Cupertino cost the company about 5 billion dollars.
9. The company employs more than 84,000 all over the world.
10. Apple Inc. is more prosperous than the United States treasury and holds more cash reserves than most countries worldwide.
11. The company is so rich that it sits on over 145 billion dollars in cash. They are like a bank.
12. Isaac Newton was featured on the company’s first logo. Steve Wozniak designed the logo that is adorned on Apple Inc products today.
13. Apple Inc has its own campus security force.
14. The Apple Macintosh was one of the most expensive computers ever sold at its creation, making the company struggle to remain afloat.
15. Apple has one of the most passionate and loyal communities of customers and fans on Earth. The company’s Apple Stores are famous for having lines outside their doors whenever a new product is launched. There are even some fans who camp outside overnight.
16. The iPhone is Apple’s most successful product that they have manufactured; it alone has been responsible for almost half of all Apple Inc’s sales since its launch in 2007. This product was also responsible for breaking records with sales numbers of 10 million units in the same year, and this number grew over time until a record 100 million iPhones were sold to buyers throughout the world in 2014 alone (a year when Apple Inc had revenues of $74 billion+).
Apple is by far one of the most successful companies in history. We hope these facts about Apple Inc were valuable and educational for you. Let us know if we missed anything important, and we would love your feedback.