Barack Obama is the 44th President of the United States of America and the first African American to be elected President. He was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, and graduated from Columbia University and Harvard Law School.
Obama served three terms as a Senator from Illinois (after his predecessor resigned) before running for President against John McCain in 2008. He won with 52% of the popular vote and 365 electoral votes, breaking the previous record for most electoral votes by any US president.
19 Quotes By Barack Obama
1. Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.
2. We need to internalize this idea of excellence. Not many folks spend a lot of time trying to be excellent.
3. If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually, you’ll make progress.
4. The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.
5. My fellow Americans, we are and always will be a nation of immigrants. We were strangers once, too.
6. Money is not the only answer, but it makes a difference.
7. Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it’s only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential.
8. I think when you spread the wealth around it’s good for everybody.
9. The United States is not, and never will be, at war with Islam.
10. Now, as a nation, we don’t promise equal outcomes, but we were founded on the idea everybody should have an equal opportunity to succeed. No matter who you are, what you look like, where you come from, you can make it. That’s an essential promise of America. Where you start should not determine where you end up.
11. We all remember Abraham Lincoln as the leader who saved our Union. Founder of the Republican Party.
12. It’s time to fundamentally change the way that we do business in Washington. To help build a new foundation for the 21st century, we need to reform our government so that it is more efficient, more transparent, and more creative. That will demand new thinking and a new sense of responsibility for every dollar that is spent.
13. I’m the President of the United States. I’m not the emperor of the United States.
14. We cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.
15. I’m a warrior for the middle class.
16. I just miss – I miss being anonymous.
17. I just want to go through Central Park and watch folks passing by. Spend the whole day watching people. I miss that.
18. If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help… Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business – you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.
19. I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism.