Benjamin Franklin (1706 – 1790) was one of the United States’ founding fathers. In addition to his numerous contributions, he was also a scientist, inventor, statesman, diplomat, printer, publisher, and political philosopher. The first United States postmaster general, Franklin was among the nation’s leading intellectuals of his time, one of the signers and a drafter of the United States Declaration of Independence.
His discoveries and theories regarding electricity made him a significant figure in the American Enlightenment and the history of physics. You can find his face on the $100 American banknote.
**We should note that Mr Franklin was never President of the U.S. due to old age and health reasons, but he is such an important figure we had to create this page to honor him.
Discover 34 Educational and Amazing Quotes By Benjamin Franklin
1. Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God.
2. They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
3. The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself.
4. In this world, nothing can be said to be certain except death and taxes.
5. The way to see by Faith is to shut the Eye of Reason.
6. Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship.
7. Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.
8. If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins.
9. Diligence is the mother of good luck.
10. If time be of all things the most precious, wasting time must be the greatest prodigality.
11. You may delay, but time will not.
12. Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What’s a sundial in the shade?
13. Without freedom of thought, there can be no such thing as wisdom – and no such thing as public liberty without freedom of speech.
14. Lost time is never found again.
15. Energy and persistence conquer all things.
16. Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
17. Never leave that till tomorrow, which you can do today.
18. It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation and only one bad one to lose it.
19. By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
20. He who falls in love with himself will have no rivals.
21. Rather go to bed without dinner than to rise in debt.
22. There are three faithful friends – an old wife, an old dog, and ready money.
23. God helps those who help themselves.
24. Honesty is the best policy.
25. He that can have patience can have what he will.
26. To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions.
27. Tell me, and I forget. Teach me, and I remember. Involve me, and I learn.
28. Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every
new year find you a better man.
29. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
30. Well done is better than well said.
31. Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.
32. When in doubt, don’t.
33. Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones.
34. Some people die at 25 and aren’t buried until 75.