The 41st president of the United States from 1989 to 1993, George Herbert Walker Bush (June 12, 1924 – November 30, 2018), was raised in Greenwich, Connecticut. A Republican, Bush served as Ronald Reagan‘s 43rd Vice President, a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, and Director of Central Intelligence. He is the father of George W. Bush.
13 Quotes By George H.W. Bush
1. We know what works. Freedom Works. We know what’s right. Freedom is right.
2. I do not like broccoli. And I haven’t liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I’m President of the United States and I’m not going to eat any more broccoli.
3. You cannot be President of the United States if you don’t have faith. Remember Lincoln, going to his knees in times of trial in the Civil War and all that stuff.
4. The day will come – and it is not far off – when the legacy of Lincoln will finally be fulfilled at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue when a black man or woman will sit in the Oval Office. When that day comes, the most remarkable thing about it will be how naturally it occurs.
5. Read my lips: no new taxes.
6. Lincoln said you cannot be President without spending some item on your knees. I have repeated that, and a bunch of Atheists got all over me. Wait a minute. Does that mean that you cannot be President if you are an Atheist? I say yea, that does mean that.
7. Our God is a forgiving God.
8. As his vice president for eight years, I learned more from Ronald Reagan than from anyone I encountered in all my years of public life.
9. I’m conservative, but I’m not a nut about it.
10. Old guys can still do fun things.
11. I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don’t always agree with them.
12. I like a colorful socks. I’m a sock man.
13. I was offered a job on Wall Street by my uncle. But I wanted to get out—Make-it-on-my-own kinda thing.