From 1953 to 1961, David Dwight Eisenhower served as the 34th president of the United States. Eisenhower was born in Denison, Texas, and raised in Abilene, Kansas.
The 28th president of the United States, Thomas Woodrow Wilson (December 28, 1856 – February 3, 1924) was an American politician and academic. Wilson, a Democrat, served as president of Princeton University and governor of New Jersey before winning the 1912 presidential election. During his time as President, Wilson changed the nation's economic policies and led the United States into the First World War in 1917. Wilson helped establish the League of Nations.
(Quick 2:55 mins video of Thomas Woodrow Wilson)
Discover these 13 Cool Quotes By Thomas Woodrow Wilson
1. I would rather belong to a poor nation that was free than to a rich nation that had ceased to be in love with liberty.
2. You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.
3. There is no higher religion than human service. To work for the common good is the greatest creed.
4. Neutrality is a negative word. It does not express what America ought to feel. We are not trying to keep out of trouble; we are trying to preserve the foundations on which peace may be rebuilt.
5. If you want to make enemies, try to change something.
6. America was established not to create wealth but to realize a vision, to realize an ideal - to discover and maintain liberty among men.
7. Democracy is not so much a form of government as a set of principles.
8. The only use of an obstacle is to be overcome. All that an obstacle does with brave men is, not to frighten them, but to challenge them.
9. The American Revolution was a beginning, not a consummation.
10. Tell me what is right and I will fight for it.
11. At every crisis in one's life, it is absolute salvation to have some sympathetic friend to whom you can think aloud without restraint or misgiving.
12. A conservative is someone who makes no changes and consults his grandmother when in doubt.
13. The world is not looking for servants, there are plenty of these, but for masters, men who form their purposes and then carry them out, let the consequences be what they may.