New York City, also referred to as "the Big Apple" is the most populous city in the United States of America. It is a major global center of banking, fashion, theater, and art...
Las Vegas is the largest city in the state of Nevada. Las Vegas is located in Southern Nevada on the southern end of the Las Vegas Valley. Las Vegas has a unique history as it was founded by gambling developers in 1905 and became established as a resort destination. It remained a small village until 1942 when employment opportunities for World War II service members transformed this desert town into what would become an international center for gambling, entertainment, and conferences.
1. Founded on May 15, 1905 – Las Vegas is one of the youngest cities in the United States.
2. Famous Las Vegas sign – this sign was erected in 1959 and is located south of the city on the Las Vegas Strip.'
3. The city of Las Vegas has a population of over 651,319 people as of 2021. It is the largest city in the state of Nevada. It welcomes more than 40 people annually.
4. How long is Las Vegas? - Las Vegas Blvd, or “The Strip” runs a length of 4 miles and has become synonymous with gambling and entertainment.
5. Las Vegas has many nicknames: Lost Wages, Sin City, Disneyland for Adults, and The Lady.>
6. The largest hotels – the Mandalay Bay Resort, the MGM Grand, and The Bellagio are on The Strip.
7. A day in Las Vegas - In average it takes you 6 hours to arrive in Las Vegas.
8. In Las Vegas you can find nearly 3 million square feet of casino space.
9. One of the city's main attractions - The Golden Nugget is a gaming and hotel resort located in downtown Las Vegas and is owned by Landry's, Inc.
10. Most conventions in the United States are held in the city of Las Vegas – approximately 22,000 per year. That is a lot of conventions!
11. Las Vegas is one of the brightest cities on Earth.
12. 20 of the largest hotels in the world are based in Las Vegas.
13. All the casinos and hotels combined have over 200,000 slot machines.
14. Las Vegas hosts over 300 weddings every single day.
15. Golden Gate Hotel & Casino is the oldest hotel in the city – since 1906 (before both World War 1 & 2).
16. The first Casino was officially licensed in 1931.
17. A lot of people have this confused but prostitution is not legal in Las Vegas.
18. The average gambler has a budget of $500 per trip to Las Vegas.
19. The state of Nevada’s annual gaming revenues are just over 10 billion dollars.
20. McCarran International Airport is the largest airport in Las Vegas.
21. The Venetian Las Vegas Hotel is the second largest hotel in the world.
22. The Stratosphere Las Vegas is the tallest freestanding observation tower in the United States. It is 1,149 feet.
23. The Luxor Las Vegas’ Sphinx is larger than the original one in Egypt (the Great Sphinx of Giza). It stands at an impressive 101 FT high.
24. The Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas has over 3000 rooms and is one of the most recognized hotels in the world.
25. Officially opened in 1993, the Luxor Hotel & Casino is one of the coolest hotels in the world if not THE coolest, it looks like the pyramids of Giza. It used to be the biggest hotel in the world.